The former drummer declared in a tweet that he will no longer be performing with his All-Starr Band at the San Jose Civic on Friday because he has tested positive for COVID-19 a second time.
Ringo Starr Tweet About Covid Blow
Ringo Starr tweeted on Thursday that his positive test result had “surprised” him.
Following a diagnosis of Covid-19 on October 3, the musician cancelled a number of tour dates across Canada and the US before posting on Monday that he was “back on the road” as a result of a negative test.
On Thursday, however, the 82-year-old told fans: “I’m sure you’ll be as surprised as I was that I tested positive again for Covid.”
He tweeted “the rest of the tour is off”, signing off with his trademark “peace and love”.
Ringo On Covid Pandemic
He said that because of the pandemic, he had only sometimes left the house in an interview with USA Today conducted last year.
“You’ve got to help protect yourself if you can,” he said, adding he had been vaccinated and was “feeling groovy”.
Ringo Starr 2020 Tour
In May of this year, Ringo Starr and his All-Starr Band started their tour. Due to the epidemic, the tour had to be delayed from its initial 2020 start date; this obstacle still prevented the group from taking a vacation even two years later.
The tour was called off a month after it started and t was revealed. On Starr’s website that All-Starr Band members Steve Lukather and Edgar Winter had tested positive for COVID. They rescheduled the remaining events for September and October.
Starr was able to play in Seattle and Portland despite the West Coast leg. His tour being shortened due to COVID illnesses. But it appears that his Californian supporters will just have to accept it.
Thank you for reading. Leave us a comment if you liked it!
Have a Good Day ahead